- This event has passed.
Shorts Night: Best of Roze Filmdagen
August 22 @ 20:30 – 22:30
Seven short films. An eclectic selection from around the world, curated by Roze Filmdagen: Amsterdam LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
This evening is part of the Queer Movie Night powered by Hivos.
1. BABA UK 2021, 18 min, Sam Arbor / Adam Ali
A gay Libyan teenager doubts whether to stay or flee his beloved homeland.
2. MY MOTHER’S GIRLFRIEND India 2021, 14 min, Arun Fulara
A day in the life of two women in love and a son who follows them.
3. BETWEEN US Japan / Canada 2020, 17 min, Cailleah Scott-Grimes
For trans man Kei, getting to normal can involve a steep climb to a traditional bathhouse.
4. PAPPO E BUCCO Italy 2021, 15 min, Antonio Losito
After a life of living and working together, it’s time two clowns go the last mile.
5. THE WINDOW Libanon 2021, 15 min, Sarah Kaskas
A year after Beirut’s port explosion, Basma and Mariam reunite in their old bedroom
6. WE WILL BECOME BETTER Russia 2021, 6 min, Andzej Gavriss
A rousing call for freedom, expressed in stunning imagery, music and dance.
7. AS SIMPLE AS THAT Brazil 2021, 19 min, Luciana Bitencourt
When a mother discovers something, her husband reacts in a rather surprising way.
We thank Roze Filmdagen for their partnership.
Shorts selected bij Roze Filmdagen.
Country: many countries (see above for more information)
Years: 2020 and 2021
Length: 104 minutes
Director: many directors (see above for more information)
Language: Either English spoken or with English subtitles
The selection of these shorts was made in collaboration with Roze Filmdagen. They curated the selection and Werner Borkes, festival director Roze Filmdagen, introduces the short films.